March 25, 2012

Operation Lush (Part 2)

We have the spring bug around here and are already dreaming of enjoying hot summer days on our patio.  This led to us undertaking what we now refer to as "Operation Lush".  As the dreary, grey winter days are coming to a slow end here, we've realized that we'd like to have more year round color and coverage in our yard.

So we took advantage of the wonderful sunny weather and took to working in the yard today.  Chris did the backbreaking work of planting another 12 arborvitae along our fence line.  We picked out some evergreen bushes including some flowering rhododendron. I prepped my vegetable garden and planted some spring bulbs and ferns. I grew up with fresh roses in the house all summer long and so I am also really excited to plant some new rose bushes that I picked out.  


My loot!
Bella enjoyed herself too. Notice any pattern with her? She loves this orange barbell (aka "ball").  She carries it around with her to every corner of the yard and rests it on her foot, under her chin or close by.   Bella and her ball are never far apart.

It has been hard to not be outside getting our hands dirty and feeling the sun on our backs. Today was a wonderful treat and one that I think we both needed.  Nice pregnancy camouflage eh?

We may still be living in a dreamland because it snowed just this week, but I think that we both think that if we will it, spring will come!  The first signs are already on their way. My yellow forsythia is blooming, the tulips are just beginning to take off, and flower buds sit on our trees like little kernels of popcorn waiting to pop and show us all their glory.  I cannot wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment