July 28, 2011

First Trip Back

I said that I would not let a year go by without a little visit to the Bay Area and since we moved up here almost one year ago, we decided it was time to head back for a weekend with no major plans.

We first made a stop by SCU.  I appreciated that school for my seven year stay, but it looked prettier than ever and I feel more blessed than I can explain to have had the opportunity to be able to attend school there.  We walked the campus just like old days and looked at the little circles gathered around the grass for freshman orientation.  Eleven (was it really 11?!) years ago, Chris and I were in those same little circles and met for the first time at freshman orientation.  It is crazy that it has been 11 years since the first time I stepped on to the campus that brought me so much. I found my husband there, I found myself there, I found such wonderful friends there.  Santa Clara found a lot of my tuition money there, but it was all worth it in the end.




 
Before leaving, I made Chris drop me by the "801 house."  I lived in this house with 8 wonderful girls that I refer to on the blog as my 801 girls.  I guess the upside of Santa Clara's expensive real estate was that I got to make some of the best friends a girl could have.  Although this house looks a little sleepy now, it was a lively little home where all of us became a family.

We split up to visit some coworkers and I once again navigated the California freeways all by myself  (I should have warned everyone). We then had a wonderful little BBQ hosted by the Kehrlis (thanks guys!) where we worked off the delicious food by playing the Michael Jackson Wii game.  Although I was a bit skeptical, I will admit, it was pretty fun.  The most fun to watch award goes to Lynsey and Kelli and the best dance routine definitely goes to the to the Byer siblings.


Becko showed up and and brought some new Giants gear as her BBQ contribution, including the now famous belt buckles.  We got to wear the gear at a Giants game the next night.  The stadium definitely has a different energy than it did just one year ago.  It was such a treat to be there and to top it off the Giants won! What a great first trip back.  It was so great to see everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Great shots at the stadium -- so glad you guys had a great trip, and so happy I got to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete