May 13, 2012

My Special Women

I don't get the opportunity to blog very frequently (probably for the best as they don't compare to Alison's), but I thought I'd give a quick shout out to the special mom and mom-to-be in my life on this Mother's Day.

Getting ready for a baby really starts putting things in perspective.  You really start wondering how the heck you become a good parent and keep your kid(s) on track to success in life (you also wonder how to change diapers, but I digress).  I don't know how my mom does it, but she has been the most caring and mentoring listener, leader, and friend for the past 30ish years of my life.  I know it's easy to provide lip service and call your mom the best in the world, but I really do think she takes the title.  It's unfathomable having a better mom.


For my lovely mom-to-be wife, I have absolutely identical feelings.  As we prepare for Ali's current growing appendage to become a living/breathing person in our house and all the joys and challenges that come with it for the rest of our lives, I'm comforted to know things will be just fine because I've married another extremely caring and mentoring listener, leader, and friend who's going to be an amazing mother.  My son is going to be as lucky as I've been to have a mother like my mom.


So to my favorite mom and mom-to-be, Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Johnson...way to make me cry! How very special. Baby Boy Johnson is SO lucky already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, Chris!! Such a sweet post :) You are one lucky guy, but Ali is one lucky gal too :)

    ReplyDelete