May 10, 2011

A Love Note to Bobby


Those of you who know me well know that I have lovingly called my little 1998 Camry Bobby ever since I got her when I was a junior in college. Well, this week is the end of an era as I have said my goodbyes to Bobby. Although I was grateful to have such a reliable little car, I never really thought that I would be sad to be saying goodbye to Bobby, but as folks lined up to buy her it was kind of a bittersweet moment. Bobby was the car that I drove home in when I left the "801 House" after college graduation and bawled my eyes out until I crossed the Nevada line. Bobby was the car that I drove to law school in everyday for three years with my redbull in my cupholder and a fifty pound backpack on the seat next to me. Bobby was the car that I started my career in. Bobby was the car that I got to park at our very first house. Bobby has heard many prayers and many wonderful songs sung by yours truly. She is a car that has been a witness to me growing up and she is a car that will strangely be missed, but not missed enough that I don't enjoy driving to work with heated buns in the new rig.

5 comments:

  1. Goodbye Bobby! I love the love note - very fitting for the trusty car. What new car did you get? Looks fancy shmancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO very exciting! What's the new ride???

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a Subaru Outback. It is a wagon, but a cool wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bye bye Bobby - hello Leslie :) Loved your ode to Bobby - very cute!

    ReplyDelete