June 28, 2011

Happy birthday Huz!

  
This Saturday the Huz joined me at milepost 29 and ended my 6 months of being a cougar.  We tend to do birthday weeks around here rather than birthday days, but this birthday week was pretty low key.  We enjoyed some good meals out, some drinks and best of all the traditional Johnson morning birthday festivities which include streamers, signs, and a delicious breakfast complete with lots of bacon and the red "You are Special Today" plate.  Every year on his birthday I get to reflect about what a great Huz I have.  He picked up the nickname Huz when we honeymooned in Fiji amongst torrential rains.  The rain didn't bother me much because we got to sit inside and I got to do what I do best, talk and talk some more.  In one of my jabbering sessions I came to the conclusion that hubby is not a good husband nickname because "hub" appears nowhere in the word husband.  Therefore, the nickname "Huz" was born in the first few days of a marriage.  My Huz is simply the best a girl could have.  He is funny, tolerant, sweet, loyal and just my best friend.  I love travelling to new places with him just as much as I love sitting on the couch watching Deadliest Catch with him.  He makes every day better and for that I am eternally grateful.  Happy birthday Huz, I love you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment